Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving Confessionals

I have been reflecting on the past year, and after looking in my blogging archives I have noticed that my blogging has gotten fewer and farther between. Well, you can only imagine how GUILTY this makes me feel because of the fact that it is really the only journaling that I do. I want Olivia to have something to reflect on when she is older and lets just say that I am NOT the scrapbooking type. I envy those people who record and print pictures and put them into books. I have tried and failed many times at this. I gave up on it a long time ago. Which leads me to my next guilty thought. Soon, I will have two, does this make me twice as quilty??!

Since we are talking about guilt, (and I know I am not the only mother that knows this word), here are a few (ok a lot) of other things I want to get of my chest.

1)I had planned to have Christmas bought by Thanksgiving, too bad I have only bought two gifts. The week before Christmas fits me much better, because after all, I am a procrastinator, which leads us to the next...

2)I have not taken Liv to get her pictures taken since she was 6 months old. I myself hate pictures, so the thought of this makes me so anxious. Besides, I have taken millions of pictures of her and have only printed a few. Why? Because they will just sit in a pile and get dusty thats why.

3) Gym? What gym? We got so busy in the summer that I quit going, one thing lead to the next and I have been twice since summer ended.

4) Our Living, dining, and kitchen are all one room area, so dinner time has turned into couch time, and I just put my foot down yesterday and we are finally using the dining room table we bought. Olivia, does not like this. AND ITS OUR FAULT so now on, dinner is at the table with the TV turned OFF.

5) I am not sending Christmas cards, not because I can't find a cute picture, but because I just don't want to go to the trouble of finding addresses. I am pregnant and not in the mood. I am sorry for this. Maybe in a few years I won't have an excuse anymore.

Well, I think that 5 is enough. I will spare you the rest.

I have FINALLY settled into the fact that I am a stay at home mom and I have quit feeling guilty for this. I love being able to spend my days with Livy and soon to be baby. I have realized that it is important, and these days go by so fast, that I am learning to cherish the moments.

I am so thankful that I have a hard working husband that supports me in my job to raise my children. I am thankful for my family.

Without them life really would be hard.

2 comments:

Me said...

You have nothing to feel guilty about. You are an amazing mom and are making great memories with your little girl. There is more to life than journaling and scrapbooking and in the end, we all get behind on those things. Keep up the great work and stop feeling guilty, life is too short!

Toph and Al said...

God you crack me up!